Bessa Valley Winery is based in Bulgaria’s top locations, producing red wines according to the highest Bordeaux standard. The Syrah 2017 has been cultivated with great care in French barriques and fascinates with spicy character, density and depth. Experience this wine as a great accompaniment to all meat dishes, pasta with spicy sauces and mild cheese. Limited edition form the best Syrah parcels with only 3176 bottles.
Syrah: 100 %
- First selection is performed on the vineyard and only good full mature grapes are hand-picked
- Carefully selected again on sorting tables
- The philosophy is to ferment only good quality grapes
- The tanks are filled by gravity without crushing the grapes.
- Cold maceration of whole berries is performed from 5 to 8 days at 12 – 14 ºC to achieve desired colour and fruit extraction
- Alcohol fermentation with addition of selected yeast strains is controlled at 26-28 ºC during 8-10 days, in order to reach 3-4 g/l residual sugar
- The regular pump over and pigeage are done in order to conduct slow extraction from grape substances and achieve balance in wine
- The hot maceration 28- 30 ⁰C with marcs followed from 10 to 15 days in concrete tanks 10 m³-thermoregulated
- Malolactic fermentation continues in tanks and oak barrels, then aging at least 18 months in oak barrels